Made in America, Penofin wood stains set the bar for quality, durability and ease of maintenance.
High-quality Penofin stains can be used on Decks, Log Homes, Docks, Siding, Hardwood, Pressure Treated Wood, Composite, Redwood and Cedar.
Penofin-Performance Coatings Inc. (PCI) has made a commitment to the environment.
Their use of Brazilian Rosewood Oil as a base not only creates a stain that penetrates deeper and makes your wood last longer, but this carefully harvested crop guarantees continued jobs in an area that is destroying its ecosystem.
Brazilian Rosewood Oil is harvested from the carefully gathered pod of the Brazilian rosewood tree. This oil is found in the fruit of the trees that grow on the dry plains and is the essential ingredient of Penofin®. No other wood finishing product contains this special oil.
Rosewood oil is the key ingredient in delivering superior UV protection – very important in Colorado’s punishing environment.
To conform with new VOC regulations, Penofin stains is one of many manufacturer’s changing their product’s chemical formulation. What this means is that as the supply transitions from one type to another, the new version is now available! Penofin’s new version of BLUE label is a one coat product similar to the RED label Penofin, however, the BLUE label will still provide a lower level of UV protection than the RED label.
Front Range Lumber can easily special order almost all of Penofin’s entire line-up of product including Hardwood Formula, Log-on Wood Stain and Penofin for Treated Lumber.
The first of its kind, and new to the Penofin line of products. It is a 100% sustainable, petroleum free oil finish with no heavy metal compounds, no odor, and no offensive fumes.
Verde is a 0-VOC finish that can be used in both interior and exterior applications. It is made with new age vegetable ester solvents, tough plant based resins, and the same high quality Brazilian rosewood oil found in all of our fine Penofin products.
- For decks, siding, fencing, furniture, floors, countertops, cabinets, all exterior and interior wood applications
- Safe for use around children and animals
- 99% UV protection
- Interior/Exterior Formula wood stain
- Brazilian Rosewood Oil
- No Odor
- No Petroleum Distillates
- Environmentally Sound
- VOC less than 1 g/liter
- Safe for Use Around Children and Animals
- 18 Lustrous Colors for Use on Every Type of Wood Species
This wood stain was created to meet the demand for an exterior wood finish that outperforms all other transparent wood stains. The highly-penetrating Brazilian Rosewood Oil base, from sustainably harvested seeds, protects and nourishes wood fibers far deeper than any other stain.
With the added mildew protection the "dark menace" will not attack wood so easily, and helps preserve that freshly-milled look. Penofin Ultra Premium Red Label wood stain is perfect where rain, wind, snow, or high elevations are encountered. The formula in Ultra Premium Red Label wood stain is the result of extensive testing, and the use of the highest quality ingredients. Penofin wins the "Battle Of The Stains" penetration tests over all competitors, and gives longer life to wood of any species. Easy to apply and simple to maintain.
- Ultra Premium Formula Wood Stain for Extra Performance
- Increased transoxide pigments for 99% ultraviolet protection against fading
- Extra protection against mildew
- Ten transparent wood stain tones
- Brazilian Rosewood Oil wood stain that deeply penetrates to protect against moisture
- Pigments won't fade, turn chalky or wash off
An exterior finish formulated to safeguard the natural beauty of wood and to prevent discoloration from the sun's ultraviolet rays. Penofin wood stain resists and retards bleeding caused by nails.
- The Blue Label product was reformulated in 2020 to lower its VOC content
- The "work horse" of the Penofin wood stain product line
- 90% ultraviolet protection from transoxide pigments virtually eliminates fading due to sunlight
- Brazilian Rosewood Oil that deeply penetrates to protect against moisture
- Ten transparent tones
- Available in mist tones
- Microscopically fine, transoxide pigments inhibit ultraviolet damage and darkening. They add deep, rich color without hiding the natural beauty of the grain. Semitransparent mist tones; Nantucket Mist mimics the look of weathered barn wood, Pacific Pearl Mist adds a whisp of white, and Mendocino Mist adds a hint of slate grey
It annihilates tough tannin stains and watermarks on all types of wood, decking, siding and fences. Penofin Pro-Tech Brightener re-establishes the Ph balance of your wood after stripping and cleaning and brightens gray weathered wood to bring back that mill-bright color.
- Biodegradable — safe for soil and plant life
- Easy to apply
- Cleans and rejuvenates wood
- Prepares hardwood for finishing
- Reduces mill glaze for better penetration
- Removes the gray
- Neutralizes tannin bleed