Front Range Lumber strives to carry the best grade (or version) possible in construction lumber boards in our inventory mix, to meet the exact needs of your project.
We offer this better version while keeping an eye on the cost – of course a perfect version is best but it also comes with a perfect price.
Here is a short list of examples of construction boards along with a brief explanation of what differentiates our lumber from what is standard:
- Framing Lumber – we have mostly #1 or select structural grade – the standard is #2 or standard and better grade which allows for more “defects”.
- Treated Lumber – in 2x lumber we stock a KDAT (kiln dried after treatment) which is lighter in weight and is more stable than the competition’s “green” treated which is still wet from the treatment process.
- FOHC Timbers – most of our stocked timbers do not contain what used to be the heart center of the tree. Timbers which contain the heart center will crack (check) and twist far more than those which don’t.
- Cedar Lumber – in 2x boards and timbers, you’ll find almost entirely appearance grade at our locations. Available elsewhere is standard and better or fence grade. Fence grade allows for heart center, larger knots, open knotholes and similar.
- Gorman Pine Boards– we believe the Gorman pine mill in Canada mills 1x boards the best. Once you’ve seen/used these finely milled boards, you won’t switch back to any other.